- Is this post coming from a place of truth and joy?
- What is the reason for this post? What’s its purpose? What’s the point?
- How will this post be viewed by someone who’s not in a good place in life right now?
- Am I adding something of value to the Internet, someone’s feed, or my own feed?
- Am I sharing something true? Or is it edited, exaggerated, or made up to fit some social standard?
- Would I be happy to see this kind of post from someone I follow?
- Who is this for?
- Will I be happy I posted this in a year’s time?
- Am I just jumping on a trend or topic that I don’t believe in/have nothing to add to simply to feel “relevant”?
- Is this post coming from a positive place? A healthy mindset? A clear head?
Some of these may make you clench. Some may make you feel called out. But there are often toxic or inauthentic reasons for posting on social media. Social media is not toxic in and of itself. We make it so. Therefore, we can change things by making sure our posts are valuable and needed (for us and others).