I’ve recently been asking myself these questions, because I’ve not felt sure of myself. My confidence is waning. I haven’t been sure of who I am and what I want. Also, I’ve only just emerged out into the world as an independent woman, so I’m still figuring it all out and being confident in saying I know who I am without fear or shying away or comparing.
If you, too, are interested in keeping up with yourself, checking in, or getting to know yourself, here are some questions to ask.
- What are your favourite colours? To wear? To decorate your home? Why?
- What is your favourite season/time of year? Why?
- What is your favourite month? Why?
- What is your personality type, MBTI or enneagram or other? Does this resonate with you?
- What are your favourite genre of books? Why?
- What is your favourite genre of music? Why?
- What was your favourite subject at school? Why?
- What is your clothing style/aesthetic? Why?
- What are your hobbies? Why?
- What are your best memories? Why?
- What are your worst memories? Why?
- Where would you go next if you could go anywhere? Why?
- What was your favourite trip/holiday? Why?
- What was your worst trip? Why?
- What have been your greatest achievements? Why?
- What are your favourite TV shows? Why?
- What are your favourite films? Why?
- Where does most of your money go? Why?
- What are your favourite foods?
- Who are your favourite recording artists? Why?
- What are you good at? Your strengths and skills?
- What are you bad at? Your weaknesses? Why are they weaknesses?
- Who do you spend the most time with? Why?
- Who do you admire? What do you admire about them? Why?
- What do you value most? Why?
- What does a perfect day look like? Why?
- What do I want in my free time? Why?
- What do you like? Why?
- What do you hate? Why?
- What makes you angry? Why?
- What makes you sad? Why?
- What brings you joy? Why?
- What is wrong with the world? Why?
- What is wrong with your life? Why?
- What is right in the world? Why?
- What is right in your life? Why?
I hope you enjoy getting to know yourself deeper. Keep coming back to these questions throughout the year. Let yourself grow and change and there is real information in these things. It can help you make decisions and do what’s best for you!