- Finished my first year of part-time Open University with a 2:1 overall (on a creative writing module)
- Changed jobs to become a Teaching Assistant at a senior school, working with children who have special educational needs
- Read just over 40 books (highest number ever!)
- Completed the first draft of a new story/novel (75,000 word manuscript)
- Started writing a new story, my first fantasy dystopian!
- New story idea for a YA contemporary
- Completed training at work (upskilling)
- Completed 30-days of Yoga with Adriene
- Lost weight and then maintained a healthy body weight
- Moved out of my family home for the first time (renting not buying)
- Cooked new dishes – ramen, Spanish rice chicken and chorizo, cauliflower cheese, dauphinoise potatoes, homemade hash browns, jerk salmon,
- Decided to be more veggie conscious and environmentally conscious – thank you, David Attenborough!
- Read a lot of non-fiction
- Inspired and grown from tv shows, books, YouTube and spiritual/self awareness
- Looked after my natural curly Afro hair all year and still learning how best to look after them and style them
- Been responsible for my own group of SEN students in year 7 and learned so much about how to best do my job
- Read my first mystery book
- Read some classics
- Maintained my blog and podcast all year!
- And we got engaged!!!!
Not a bad year at all, in fact, it was everything I could have asked for and more. Thank you! I’m eternally grateful.
See you in 2021!