Things are coming together in my life. It’s not like I’m in an AMAZING place, but I’m in a good place and I feel like the universe is putting things into place, in this wonderful order that will bring the necessary change I’ve been seeking…
- I am a new self-employed worker so my financial situation isn’t great. This means I’m forced to live within a new set of means. This means being frugal. This has helped me to finally start being more minimal because I literally can’t buy more things!
- I have also put on weight. This isn’t good, but I see what the universe is doing. I’m not at a weight that I want to be, and so I don’t see the point in buying new clothes to suit this size that I don’t want to be. And so, I’m not buying new clothes! This is great to help my minimal living desires. It also pushes me to lose the weight, so that eventually I can buy clothes that fit the size I want to be, and by then I’ll be enjoying the minimal living and so I’ll only buy clothes that genuinely are “necessary” or spark joy.
- The lack of money is good for my health, too. I literally can’t afford takeaways, so I’m cooking like I’ve always wanted to do. I’m trying new things. I’m buying fruit and veg which is more affordable than other foods.
- Being forced to be frugal has helped me to get serious about my money. I now track my money regularly. I spend less on rash items. I never online clothes shop. I look for the cheaper options, like I used to buy the paperbacks of whatever book I was interested in. But now, I ask myself if I’m 100% going to read it. I then check if it’s cheaper on Kindle. I also check if it’s available on World of Books, an online second-hand bookshop. My new situation, though hard, has helped me be smarter with my money.
- Being self-employed has made me great serious about time management.
- Being self-employed has helped me to finally set the lifestyle I want, and develop habits that I’ve wanted for years but have never been able to cultivate.
So, the universe is working its magic. I heard me say “I want to change my lifestyle” and so it’s working to provide that for me this year. One thing is leading to another and another in a beautiful, life changing chain of events.
All of these things coming together like this is helping my mind to heal and grow. This has been a big thing that I’ve wanted for so long…
Thank you, universe, for your magic. I’m grateful, I’m ready, and I’m aware.
If you need any help in bettering your mental health, or better coping with anxiety, depression, and stress, then my book “You’re As Mad As I Am” may be for you. Check it out here, and download a free sample to see what it’s all about.
If you want to hire me to write about mental health (or other), then don’t hesitate to get in touch!