- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
- Hotel World by Ali Smith
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- Burn by Patrick Ness
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
- This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
These were disappointing for the same reasons: I expected more/better. I wanted to love them because they were either great concepts or great authors that I otherwise enjoy but they didn’t deliver this time.
I sometimes wonder if I have high expectations about books sometimes. I rarely love a book. I’m regularly disappointed and left wanting more. So maybe something is wrong with me?! Maybe I’ve just not found the ones that will tick my boxes. But I’ll keep reading and find out!
- Eragon (but I’ll try again)
- The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett
Don’t waste your time on bad books! There’s plenty out there and not enough time in our lives, so go find books that you actually enjoy! My partner has gone from never reading to finishing ten books this year! Audiobooks, kindle, and paperback. I’m so proud of him. It goes to show that there’s books for everyone, it’s just about trying different ones out.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!