- Re-reading Harry Potter series
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- Sacred Powers by David Ji
- Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewell
- Notes on a Nervous Planet by Matt Haig
- Northern Lights by Philips Pullman
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F by Mark Manson
- Catcher by Kalyn Nicholson
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- A Blade So Black by L. L. McKinney
- How It All Blew Up by Arvin Ahmadi
- Power by Naomi Alderman
I didn’t adore these books, I just enjoyed them. I don’t think there’s any on here that I’d re-read again in a hurry, but I enjoyed them while I read them. They were either great worlds and interesting magic, or they helped to open my mind and develop my thinking during a difficult year.
Ones I enjoyed at times but didn’t love-love:
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
I read 43 books this year (as of writing this) and so I smashed my 2020 reading goals! I read better books and more varied books. I hope next year will be even better, and I’ll find some books that I love! I’m determined to find them!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!