This is your ticket into the world of anti-racism! It’s a short book, only 160 pages, and an easy read for all – it has pictures and activities and everything!
But in those 160 pages, Tiffany Jewell manages to pack a real punch and deliver so many messages about:
- BIPoC history (a varied, deep, eye-opening history)
- The colonisation of many countries by many other countries
- The lingering affects of colonisation and the stolen resources of now poorer countries
- Terms, definitions and meaning behind important language in the fight against racism
- Structural racism, institutionalised racism, personal prejudice, internalised racism etc.
- How to be an ally
- How to speak up and call people out
- How to fight the good fight TOGETHER
She’s very honest and so inclusive that it’s wonderful. She’s funny and articulate and very well-educated, clearly, to simply put a deep, long history (and present) into 160 pages only!
I filled 20 pages of my notebook with notes!
So grab a paper and pen, get the book (only £1.99 on ebook) and get reading. Take your time, it’s a lot to take in, but it’s a great foundation for being anti-racist, which is what I hope you all are striving to be.
Thank you in advance for your time and energy.
Let’s help BIPoC authors and creators! Let’s elevate their voices and have their stories heard! Let’s educate ourselves, educate others, and move toward an anti-racist society!
Get your copy of This Book is Anti-Racist here.