I’ve decided to do a series of blog posts around the idea of Identity. This is a very important theme/ideal to me, and it’s at the centre of the book I’m writing right now. With this, I feel pulled to do a series of posts around this idea.
Identity is perhaps the most complex part of us as human beings. There’s so much that contributes to how we identify ourselves and who we think we are. So, what happens when our identity is called into question? What happens when we can’t answer the question, “Who are you?” What happens when you’re growing and changing and this idea of identity is in a state of transition? What happens when your identity is seen as wrong? And does our questions on identity negatively affect our mental health?
I aim to discuss these and many other things through this posting series…
What will the posts cover?
- Inner conflict
- Social Identity
- And more…
How will I cover this topic?
- I’ll define my personal stance on how the topic relates to or defines our Identity
- I’ll explore the flaws in the topic/ideal
- I’ll try to take a new perspective
- Hopefully highlight a new way of thinking about your own identity
- My style will be personal, informal, but also essay-like
- They will often (most likely) tie into mental health, too
Keep your eyes peeled for these posts coming soon!